Sunday 17 October 2010

Updates

Hello

With the passage of time and other commitments it has become all to easy to lose the thread about some of the things I have written about and threatened to continue but never did.

Firstly I did start to tell you about my life on the railway but I suppose you could say it has run out of steam! If anyone is interested let me know and I will add some bits and pieces at intervals in the future.

Some of my longstanding readers (or should it be long suffering) may remember me writing about the ghost on the road over Bluebell Hill between Maidstone and Chatham. It has long been an assumption that it was related to a fatal road crash in 1965 when three women were killed including a bride to be. I have been reading a book that claims the sightings go back to 1934 which tends to rule out the 1965 crash theory! This was put down to a murder which took place in 1916. However what I can not understand is the fact that sightings are not consistant. I have always thought that such sightings were consistant, for example on the anniversary of the incident but in this case the sightings have not followed this pattern. The most recent recorded sightings were in the late 70s and early 80s but none have been reported since and I can not understand why as the road the A229 is a very busy road and surely there must of been some sightings or are people frightened to come forward and say what they have seen?

Will put up some more pictures from Le Touquet next time including some picture of some lovely French pastries!

Some of you may be aware that I had a very important personal decision to make, now I have made that decision I feel a lot happier in myself.

My old school has started an old boys site that sends messages out on Twitter so I have had to open an account there, if any one wants to 'follow' me on there you can find me at andchafri

Andy

7 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Glad things seem to be going well.

Odds Bodkins. said...

Hi Andy,

Hope you made the right choice whatever it may be. But at least you'll be happy knowing the decision was yours.

B.

Sybil said...

Glad to see your latest blog andy. I liked your railway reminicences....looking forward to the photo's as well. As for the ghost...well you know now you see them now you don't !!! LOL
I am off later this morning for a 4 day coach trip to Norfolk with my three friends so sitting here at5.40am !! having hardly slept all night have a cold starting ..trust it to start during the night..
Sybil

Jeanie said...

I'm interested in your railway memoirs Andy, so carry on when you have the time.
Happiness is wished for you in your recent decisions.

Jeanie

Ally Lifewithally said...

Hi Andy I do look forward to hearing more tales of your railway days ~ and seeing some more pictures and I loved the Ghost story ~ Ally x

Angie said...

Hi Andy! PLEASE don't give up on your railway reminiscences. I love them

Liz said...

'I can not understand why as the road the A229 is a very busy road and surely there must of been some sightings or are people frightened to come forward and say what they have seen?'

Do any of us ever realise that what we see is forever changed by that fact?