Friday 16 January 2009

A quick update

Just to let you know that the biopsy went OK.

Had to ring Maidstone Hospital at 8 last Tuesday morning to see if a bed was available and of course in true NHS style there was not one. They rang me back at 9.30 and asked if I could get there in 10 minutes, sadly as I have not managed to conquer time travel it took me an hour to get there.

The actual procedure took all of 8 minutes and I than had to rest for 4 hours in case of any complications! During this time I managed to re read one of my favourite books, Raise The Titanic by Clive Cussler. I must of read it about 6 times by now but its still as good as ever.

I will find out the biopsy result next Tuesday and even though I am determined to stay positive I must admit to a certain amount of aprehension.

Work wise I am extremely busy which helps keeps my mind occupied.

Andy

7 comments:

ADB said...

We'll keep you in mind, Andy, as you await your results. Fingers crossed.

Delores Getmeslippers said...

I am not a very huggy person, but I am giving you a hug and hope for the best news. xx

Beth said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, Andy!

Frances said...

My prayers are still with you, Andy. Keep thinking positive. You are correct that work helps keep your mind busy, therefore less worrying.
Best Wishes to you.

Sandra said...

I`ll be thinking of you Andy.

((Hugs))

Sandra xx

LYN said...

YOU HAVE MY PRAYERS..

pam said...

Oh my goodness Andy. I had totally missed all this. i am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Love Pam xx